Monday, November 5, 2007

Week 2- Swimming?

I have completed my second week of training. I trained 6 days last week. Once again, my schedule only said 5 days but I really enjoy boot camp. That being said I do not know how much longer I can keep it up. My biggest and hardest thing this week was the increase in swimming. Swimming is definitely not as easy as I remember when I swam in my backyard or at the YMCA. This week started with swimming which was fine, but then I had Team Training in the pool on Tuesday. We worked a lot on form and did a lot of drills that I was not used to. There is one drill that we do leg kicks on our side with one arm stretched out in front and you never use your arms.(confused? me too) I was not used to this drill and had to look like a wounded duck doing it because that is the way I felt. The coach then made me do it over and over and over. After that session I got out of the pool feeling slightly loopy. When I went to put on sweatpants both of my calf's began cramping declaring a challenge to put on bottoms...... I won. The rest of the week seemed easy compared to that moment. Wednesday I put in an hour and 17.5 miles on the bike. Thursday another 40 minutes of swimming. Friday was a day of rest. Saturday was super cold and foggy and we had a team bike ride around Griffith Park. Luckily the sun started to come out around 9:30. Griffith Park is really beautiful and there are so many people there training for different events. That was really cool to see. Sunday rounded out the week with an hour run. I did my run on a route that takes me from my place through Beverly Hills, up to the Beverly Hotel on Sunset, Past the Sunset Strip, and back to my place. Not a bad course....

I feel great and energized. Next week looks to get more intense with some days of double training.

Smile.

No comments: