Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Where have I been??

A lot to catch up on so I have no time to waste.  I have already wasted a lot.  It is amazing how time flies.  The last post I wrote I was getting ready for Christmas.  CHRISTMAS!!  I can not believe it is almost March.  Thank God I don't train like I blog.  

After my last blog I flew to Indiana to spend time with the family.  I spent 5 days there and had a blast.  Continued training all throughout the Holiday which was a little easier than I thought it would be.  I went for a couple long runs in icy 19 degree weather.  You dont get cold if you keep moving so that was a unexpected motivation to keep going.  I do not know if I could train for a whole winter if I had to do that everyday.  It is ok when you know that you are leaving in a few days.  I had a blast with my family though.  One of the best Christmas seasons yet.  After IN I went to MI for New Years.  MI was colder, icier, more snow, but I trained at the local gym, Norton Pines.  I love that gym.  It blows me away how great that gym is.  It is twice as good as my home gym in LA.  Everything they have at Pines is State of the Art.  New Years was great!!  There was definitely no working out on New Years Day.  


Since the Holidays I have worked on 2 different shows.  Wipeout, a fun stunt show with great contestants, and now Celebrity Cirque,  a Dancing with the Stars meets Cirque du Soliel.  I feel fortunate to have worked throughout the writer strike, except for a 3 week break between shows.  My break was great.  I found myself getting up earlier than when I am working.  Very interesting.  Everyday I was off I really focused on training hard, except the first week when I got hit with the flu that knocked me out of commision for the week.  Very Nasty.  I am now training between 10 to 15 hours a week.  I have figured out that my training schedule goes 3 hard weeks then a recovery week.  During my recovery week I really have to focus on watching my health.  I noticed my body works so hard during the regular weeks that when it gets a rest lets down its guard and I am more prone to sickness.

The last 2 weeks of training have been fun.

Febuary 10-16
Sun- 1 hr 35 min run
         2100yd swim
Mon- rest
Tues- 45 min run, 2100 yd swim
Wed- 2 hour bike, and Barry Bootcamp
Thur- 35 min hard run
Fri- rest
Sat- 2 hour bike Climbed Latigo Canyon, 1 hour run in Malibu.

Feb 17-23
Sun- 1750 yd straight swim
Mon- 45 min run
Tues- 1 hour swim, lots of drills and speed.
Wed- 2 hour bike
Thurs- 45 min bike immediatley followed by a 20 min hard run.
Fri- Rest
Sat-  2 hour bike, then a 5k put on by some of our Team in Training teamates.  I killed it in that run.  I ran it in 19 min 58 sec.  That is a 6:25 mile for 3 miles.  I was happy with it.

I just bought I brand new heart rate monitor that I have just started using.  It is a Garmin 305 forerunner.  It is AWESOME!  I will report back with more details on that.  My February 27th resolution is to be more on top of this blogging.

1 comment:

Tones Bones said...

Hey Rich,
since you won't add me on facebook so I can write you in private, I guess I'll ask you here.
I want to know about this program you are part of. How you were able to be a part of it and such. Could anyone sign on and be a part if you agree to raise 8 grand? I sat on my couch and watched the biggest losers run a marathon. Then I grabbed a sandwich and watched a previous biggest loser (who had since put on a few pounds) go out and do the Hawaii Ironman...Wowsa... if you didn't see that it's worth looking up.
Anyway, I've decided to get off the couch and train for a marathon and maybe... just maybe... someday very far off an ironman (almost choked just typing that). Just thought I'd look into the program you are part of and see if they did anything similar for a marathon or not. Or how I could make it worth more than just me getting in shape. Let me know any info you have, or tips on all this stuff. I'm a total novice in this sport so I could use anything you got. Seems like you'll be ready in no time for yours, good luck!
Thanks for your help,
Tyler