Thursday, June 21, 2007

Summer Solstice



Today is the first official day of summer. This means that it is the longest day of the year. I sometimes forget that summer is not all year round because of living in LA. For the past few weeks the weather has been fantastic. On a sidenote, I went to Floyd's barbershop and got my head shaved last night. It was not something I planned to do but I was riding my motorcycle home and had the idea to do it. So I did. I love doing things spur of the moment without giving much of a chance to question the cons of the idea. This morning I got up at 7am, because the sun was burning through my eyelids, and went on a quick 4 mile run. For the past couple months I decided that I don't like closing my blinds in my room because it is so refreshing to wake up to the sun rather than a painful buzzing alarm clock. I was actually planning on sleeping in today but once I stepped onto my porch and realized how beautiful and warm it was I ran to get my shoes and shorts and ran out the door. It felt so good to be able to run with my shirt off and feel the wind on my freshly buzzed scalp. There is something about the summer air and feeling that I get from the sun that always makes me happy. I have a feeling that this summer is going to be one of the best summers ever.

So with a freshly buzzed head and a skip in my step I wish everyone a great day and hope each day after gets better and better. Cheers to Summer!

No comments: