Friday, June 22, 2007

The Weekend

Another beautiful day in LA. I am sitting in my office thinking about what the weekend has in store and for the first time in a long time I have no obligations. It actually feels great knowing that no one is counting on me for something. I know that Sunday I will do my usual Sunday routine, wake up around 8 and go to Santa Monica and run for a couple hours. I hope to run 15 miles this weekend and bike about 30 then go home and "relax". I use "relax" loosely because it probably means doing laundry, cleaning my apt., or going out with my friends. One of my favorite things to do on Saturday mornings is go grocery shopping and eat the free samples and drink the free coffee. It is a perfect example of portion control. It is great to leave Trader Joe's feeling not hungry, have a slight coffee buzz, and a basket full of groceries. To me, that is the perfect way to kick off the weekend.

"Running is the greatest metaphor for life because you get out of it what you put into it"

Oprah Winfrey

No comments: